Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blue Jays Closet - Preseason Edition

A few notes... First, I'm thrilled that MLB has finally added another playoff spot. Although this year, one team will have an extremely short (one game) playoff run, it'll be at least 2 next year. This just means that the Jays have a better shot at sneaking into the playoffs, even with a 3rd place finish in the AL East. That being said, the Blue Jays finished 2006 in 2nd place in the AL East, and wouldn't have gotten a 2nd, or even a 3rd, Wild Card spot. Even so, it's going to make the late season playoff runs a little more exciting.

Now to introduce a new feature! Where a lot of these Blue Jays blogs focus on prospects, Moneyball-esque numbers, and extra thorough analysis, I'm not that kind of baseball fan. I'm more about the feeling, the experience, and the memories. As such, I have a huge collection of ticket stubs, hats, jerseys, magazines, and memorabilia all with a particular story. So every now and then, I'll showcase an item from my Blue Jays Closet.

Because Spring Training Baseball just got underway, the first item out of the closet is going to be Dunedin-related. This time last year, I was down in Florida and managed to catch a game at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin. It was supposed to be two, but some horrible northern weather got me there two days late. As it was my first trip to Dunedin, I felt the need to get some Grapefruit League Blue Jays gear.
And so, I present the rarely-seen (in Toronto, at least) Dunedin Blue Jays hat. Obviously, they were wearing it in the more traditional blue & grey, but it'll be interesting to see how they adjust to the new (old) logo. I wish I could have made it down this year to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment